21 April 2011

Going to the mattresses.




Go to the mattresses. It means you have to go to war. It's not personal. It's business. It's not personal. It's business.




I have been going to the mattresses for about a week. Tomorrow, I hit the mattresses head on and face to face. Well, cell phone to cell phone, but still HEAD ON.




The worst possible thing that might happen to me academically HAPPENED. I learned that I failed my comprehensive exam.




Huh?




I know, right?!




Now I am going to the mattresses to fight for my work. I am not going to take this lying down. (Note the clever, and un-intended pun.) I am trying to "play nice" and get along in order to move forward in an academic sense, but at the same time I am boiling, oozing, seething, mad.




However...




The worst possible thing that might happen to me academically HAPPENED. And I have survived. My life did not end. The earth did not cease to turn.




I AM NOT MY EXAM.




I am still a crazy genius. I am smart. I am capable. I am nothing if but determined. I will go to the mattresses confidently and articulately. And, should the result not be what I hope for, then I will continue to fight. I will continue to be smart, sexy, funny, capable, and a genius.




Simply, crap happens. But I choose to move away from the stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment