28 February 2011

The night was golden.

I love Oscar Sunday. I love the arts in all of its many and varied forms. Tonight, however, the Oscars were the backdrop for an even better production unfolding in my living room. A fire roared in the fire place. The living room had been given a good vacuuming. The kitchen was clean and the dishwasher was humming. Company was coming. C&C Martineau Factory brought young master C over for a play date. When the rest of the Martineau Factory returned, we had a great time laughing, sharing opinions and jokes, and recharging our social batteries. The C&C Martineau Factory remind me that I do have a social life and friends...or at least the potential for a social life. So while many worthy performers and performances took away golden statues to symbolize their accomplishments in the arts, I took away something more valuable than gold. I have good friends. And the memories we made tonight were priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way!!! I kept thinking to myself today "Thank goodness for Dennis & Hollie...I'm so grateful for good friends." I have found people to connect with again and it feels so good. You guys are so awesome & one of a kind. Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete