06 December 2010

Chip faced.


I had a rotten day at work. From the word "go" as walked through my office door, I could tell today would be one for the record books. To sum up: I was yelled at by a patient on the phone. I was spoken to in a stern manner from my supervisor. I was in a couple counseling session when a wife told her husband he had an hour to pack and leave the house. That was fun. I could not even get monosyllabic responses from a difficult patient who I thought was coming out of her shell. Apparently the world is just too scary a place. Admittedly, I tend to agree with her. My rescue fish died. My daughter likes to eat dog food, and she snacks with our dogs on a regular basis. My husband reminded me that if The Girl Wonder wants to eat dog food, it's okay. It's not like I am feeding her dog food.


So tonight I get chip faced. I drown my sorrows in the dark oooh-y goodness of Nestle Tollhouse Cookies. Being off the wagon tastes good.


Here's the recipe for your next relapse:


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz. package Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in morsels and nuts.
Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment